New Performing Arts Center at Moreno Valley High School

Kayla Martinez, Staff Writer

Moreno Valley High School’s new performing arts center will be completed soon. 

MVHS’ Performing Arts Center is in its final stages of completion.

People at MVHS are excited and anxious for this new addition to the district to be completed and ready. The building was built using the money from Measure M, which was a local resolution that used an increase in sales tax on many things to raise money for education.

Students and staff are already adjusting to their new classrooms that are available in the building. 

“It’s amazing they built it so it can attract noise so it’s way better when we are singing because the harmony sounds better,” Bryan Adan Garcia senior at MVHS said.

When asked about how having a new choir room will improve performances, Garcia said “there’s more space for people to practice, and the way they are building it gives a lot of opportunities to people and a better chance to show who they are.”

Staff like students also cannot wait to see the finished building.

“I think the students are real excited’ Mr. Shaw, theatre teacher, said. “Even the adults feel like this is really fancy, it’s really nice.” 

Mr. Shaw feels with the new building being added it’s going to be a super crazy experience. 

The new performing arts center will have many new things. People will finally be able to do things they weren’t able to do before in their shows.

“The experience, the equipment, more people will want to come,” Mr. Shaw said. 

The new performing arts center will have a lot of new additions as well. There will be more space, plus-sized seats, and many classrooms for the arts from the information we have been given so far.

“I think it’s cool,” Iyana Nicholls, senior at MVHS, said. “I feel like people might want to show up to the shows.”

Nicholls says she would also like to see a talent show being held in the performing arts center. 

Students and staff all have a lot of curiosity about what and how the building will look once it is fully complete. There is already word that the first shows held there will be on December 9th and 10th, which will be a two-day concert. 

Everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting for all the new exciting and amazing surprises our performing arts students and staff have up their sleeves for the 2021-2022 school year and future years to come