Stop Bullying

Emily Aguilar, Staff Writer

In my opinion, bullying is not ok to do anywhere in the world. Bullying happens in homes, streets and especially at school. Counselors and teachers should help students that are getting bullied and also the ones who are bullying. This epidemic must stop; children are experiencing depression due to this. 

Everyone would agree that bullying others is just wrong. When will it stop? Bullying is just sad because the kids that bully have nothing else to do; therefore it must be stopped. 

Bullying should stop. I think the school has to do something about the bullying situation. Bullying creates emotional distress when us students get bullied at school or anywhere. The district needs to get involved in this matter. 

What people say online can hurt offline, too. Anybody can get hurt even adults. Do you think people should have the right to bully? Bullying is a subcategory of aggressive behavior characterized by the following three minimum criteria hostile intent, imbalance of power, and repetition over a period of time. 

Bullying is the activity of repeated, aggressive behavior intended to hurt another individual, physically, mentally, or emotionally. Bullying culture can develop in any context in which humans interact with each other. It includes school, family, workplace, home, and neighborhood. Bullying also starts on social media  (Instagram, facebook, snapchat, etc.) and websites. 

Bullying starts with your race, religion, gender, appearance, size, etc. It is estimated that between 15 and 25 children die by sucide every year because they are being bullied. Bystanders typically choose to either participate or watch, sometimes out of fear of becoming the next target. Bullying should be illegal because people don’t deserve to be hurt by other people. 25% of students encourage bullying if not given proper education and information about the consequences of bullying. A study by Lisa Garby shows 60% of bullies in middle school will have at least one criminal conviction by the age of 24.