ASB Hosts First Prom Expo

Back to Article
Back to Article

ASB Hosts First Prom Expo

Local business’ and MVHS teamed up to create the first MVHS Prom Expo that took place in the quad during both lunches on Thursday, April 11. There were five different businesses featured that all cater to student’s needs as they prepare for their 2019 prom in The Grove in Anaheim.

One of the booths was the Moreno Valley Flower Box, coordinated by Sandy Ramirez, who has been creating flower corsages and other items for prom for many years.

“I love the kids,” Ramirez said. “And I want them to have a very nice prom.”

Ramirez has a flower shop that has been in Moreno Valley for almost 35 years, and is located at 14340 Elsworth Street in Suite B.

Manuela Saldana, hair and makeup specialist, also showed her work at the expo. Her Instagram is @manuelamua.

“I have been doing makeup on myself and others since I was 15.” She is now 19.

I then asked, why she decided to do make up for prom students.

“I love prom because it’s so glitzy and glam,” Saldana said. “It’s the one where everyone looks gorgeous.”

Fabiola Penada, from Studio C Nails in Riverside, was also at a booth, after being referred by a family member at the school.

“I love it, it doesn’t feel like a job,” Penada said. “I worked my whole pregnancy up until I had contractions.”

She also stated for anyone who wanted to go into this field to “Don’t give up, and to practice, practice, practice.”

The Fade Cove, also set up shop in the quad.

Student barber, Alexander Ramirez, works at the barber shop and decided to have them come to the expo.

Alex Hernandez, a barber,  spoke on behalf of the shop.

“All of our barbers are specialized in their craft. I just like how we have diversity in the shop and bring a lot of cultures into the barbering industry.”

All in all, the first prom expo brought resources to the students while promoting local businesses around Moreno Valley.