Genesis Miranda Wins 8th In The Nation at the Girls CIF State Wrestling Championship

Alicia Herrera, Staff Writer

Genesis Miranda, senior at Moreno Valley High School, made her success as she placed 3rd in State and 8th in the nation at the CIF State Wrestling Championship.

Genesis has been wrestling for four years. When she found out she won 8th in the nation she said ¨I felt amazing and relieved.¨ She didn’t know she was going to place at all, but with that being said she had had an injury from a match that she had wrestled in on the second day before winning CIF.

The match took place in Oklahoma, and she stayed for six days and was given an extra day in Oklahoma so that she could tour and practice with Oklahoma City University.

It was like a dream come true for Genesis, ¨I´ve  always dreamed of this but never did I think they were going to come true.¨  The key to making Genesis´s dream come true was to ¨work hard, stay consistent and wrestle with your heart out.¨ Genesis has always wanted to wrestle. ¨I wanted to wrestle because it was different, I didn’t want to join a popular sport because well it’s popular.¨

Depending on others was something that Genesis didn’t like. She stated,¨ I hate depending on others to win, if I lose I can’t blame my partner, my mom, my coach. I can just blame myself.¨

She considers herself to be her ¨own boss¨

A piece of motivation that Genesis said was¨ I don’t see what’s the point in participating in something and not trying your best, life is to short to not try your best in everything you do, especially the things you love to do the most, I’ll regret if I don’t at least try to get better. You never know how far you´ll go and I hate losing, especially close matches.¨

The pressure back at home was starting to make Genesis nervous she said, ¨…I was nervous because everyone back at home is expecting me to do great. So many people had spent money and time on me, what if I didn´t? What if I wasn’t as good as everyone thought I was? My dream university was watching my every move and I was injured, I was scared of making a mistake that was going to cost me a win.¨  

In the future Genesis Miranda plans on taking it a step further in  wrestling for Oklahoma City University, who she signed with a couple months ago.

About the Writer
Alicia Herrera, Staff Writer

Alicia is kind of quiet, shy, sometimes funny and something unique about her is that she gets over things really quickly. Her friends admire her for is...

1 Comment

One Response to “Genesis Miranda Wins 8th In The Nation at the Girls CIF State Wrestling Championship”

1. Genesis Miranda on June 6th, 2018 12:56 pm

Thanks Alicia! Means a lot!

• Genesis Miranda Wins 8th In The Nation at the Girls CIF State Wrestling Championship

A&E

Another MoVal Christmas Carol is in the Books

Student Life

Theater Department Puts Students to Work to Figure Out “Whodunnit” at the Murder Mystery Dinner

Student Life

“Stereotypical Skateboarders”

• News

And the Teacher of the Year Award Goes To…

Student Life

MVHS’ Choir’s Haunted House a “Horror”-ible Success

Student Life

GSA Shines a Little Light on National Coming Out Day

Student Life

On the School Wide SAT Day, the Freshmen Got to Play

News

MVHS’ Choir Performs and Inspires at the Fall Concert

Student Life

Spirit Week Competes With SATs and College Kickoff Week

Student Life

MVHS’ Chess Club Tournament a Success