Filed under Showcase, Student Life

Moval’s Gift to Us!

It’s now been a week since we’ve come back from winter break, and the school’s staff and hard-working construction workers have provided us with something awesome: the S-wing. This new building was finished before we came back, and I must say, it’s looking outstanding; but this is also not the only thing that we got, we’ve gotten new chromebooks!

Starting off with the S-wing, this new building is two stories tall, and has the modern architecture style of your modern high school. The classrooms are brand new, the air conditioning’s great, the bathrooms are nice, and we got stairs! This building has been under construction for around more than a year, starting mid 2017. Principal Ms. Brown was proud to announce our new building on the day we all came back. Some students may have their first period in the S-wing, others may have it during the middle of the day, others may have it at the end, or others may not even get to be in it this year, but all in all, this building has been built with excellence, like to fit the school district’s motto: “Excellence on purpose!”

The new S-wing is however not the only thing that they decided to give us. They’ve decided to issue out brand new, factory built Chromebooks, which are capable of allowing you to access your Google Classroom, docs, slides and sheets with ease at home or wherever you have a Wi-Fi access point. This now gives all students a chance to (and hopefully eliminate the excuse of not being able to!) do work digitally, as our generation progresses more and more everyday into the digital age. The school as of Tuesday of last week handed out agreement slips, which means that you agree to pay damages or replacement costs for your Chromebook. These things are pretty durable I must say, but then again, you don’t want to risk a $50 damage repair cost, or even worse, a $325 replacement cost. This new Chromebook issuing system allows students to have the responsibility of taking care of their own personal laptop. Students are most likely required to bring their Chromebook everyday to school, fully charged and ready to go. Students will also have to carry around their Chromebooks, which may be a burden for students, but you could be prepared and have a bag to carry it separately with. As far as both students and teachers know, the Chromebooks will only come with chargers.

The new year has already started off great, new grades, fresh slate, new classrooms, new technology, these will be a great and exciting rest of the year! Barney Garcia
Barney Garcia
Barney Garcia
Barney Garcia
Barney Garcia

1 Comment

One Response to “Moval’s Gift to Us!”

1. Me. Brown on January 25th, 2018 4:32 pm

Thank you for writing such a great article!

[Reply]

• Slideshows

High School Relationships: More Than They Are Cracked Up To Be

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Opinion

SMILE

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Student Life

Teachers and counselors celebrate Students’ Final College Choices After SIR Day

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Sports

Genesis Miranda Wins 8th In The Nation at the Girls CIF State Wrestling Championship

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Student Life

Senior AVID Students Recognized at UCR

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Opinion

March for Teens

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Slideshows

#ENOUGH

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Features

Drowning in Senioritis

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Features

The Never-ending Pain of Heartbreak

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Features

Freshman Year Matters

Moval’s Gift to Us!