Filed under Showcase, Student Life

Moval’s Gift to Us!

It’s now been a week since we’ve come back from winter break, and the school’s staff and hard-working construction workers have provided us with something awesome: the S-wing. This new building was finished before we came back, and I must say, it’s looking outstanding; but this is also not the only thing that we got, we’ve gotten new chromebooks!

Starting off with the S-wing, this new building is two stories tall, and has the modern architecture style of your modern high school. The classrooms are brand new, the air conditioning’s great, the bathrooms are nice, and we got stairs! This building has been under construction for around more than a year, starting mid 2017. Principal Ms. Brown was proud to announce our new building on the day we all came back. Some students may have their first period in the S-wing, others may have it during the middle of the day, others may have it at the end, or others may not even get to be in it this year, but all in all, this building has been built with excellence, like to fit the school district’s motto: “Excellence on purpose!”

The new S-wing is however not the only thing that they decided to give us. They’ve decided to issue out brand new, factory built Chromebooks, which are capable of allowing you to access your Google Classroom, docs, slides and sheets with ease at home or wherever you have a Wi-Fi access point. This now gives all students a chance to (and hopefully eliminate the excuse of not being able to!) do work digitally, as our generation progresses more and more everyday into the digital age. The school as of Tuesday of last week handed out agreement slips, which means that you agree to pay damages or replacement costs for your Chromebook. These things are pretty durable I must say, but then again, you don’t want to risk a $50 damage repair cost, or even worse, a $325 replacement cost. This new Chromebook issuing system allows students to have the responsibility of taking care of their own personal laptop. Students are most likely required to bring their Chromebook everyday to school, fully charged and ready to go. Students will also have to carry around their Chromebooks, which may be a burden for students, but you could be prepared and have a bag to carry it separately with. As far as both students and teachers know, the Chromebooks will only come with chargers.

The new year has already started off great, new grades, fresh slate, new classrooms, new technology, these will be a great and exciting rest of the year! Barney Garcia
Barney Garcia
Barney Garcia
Barney Garcia
Barney Garcia

About the Contributor
Barney Garcia, Staff Writer

Editor, computer programmer, IT, TA. Barney is mostly known by his friends to be helpful and outgoing. Post-high school goals are to go to Stanford University,...

1 Comment

One Response to “Moval’s Gift to Us!”

1. Me. Brown on January 25th, 2018 4:32 pm

Thank you for writing such a great article!

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

News

MVHS’ English Department’s Literacy Night Drew Crowds for Games, Performances and Tacos

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

A&E

Another MoVal Christmas Carol is in the Books

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Student Life

“Stereotypical Skateboarders”

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

A&E

Ballet Folklorico annual winter concert Una Noche Mexicana!!

• News

And the Teacher of the Year Award Goes To…

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Student Life

MVHS’ Choir’s Haunted House a “Horror”-ible Success

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Student Life

GSA Shines a Little Light on National Coming Out Day

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Student Life

On the School Wide SAT Day, the Freshmen Got to Play

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

News

MVHS’ Choir Performs and Inspires at the Fall Concert

• Moval’s Gift to Us!

Student Life

Theater Department Puts Students to Work to Figure Out “Whodunnit” at the Murder Mystery Dinner

Moval’s Gift to Us!