Taika Waititi Brings Down the Hammer in Thor Ragnarok

Thor Ragnarok, the sequel to 2011's Thor and 2013's Thor: The Dark World, was released on November 3 and received largely positive reviews, with many critics declaring it the best film of the Thor trilogy.

Armando Garcia, Staff Writer

Cast: Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Tessa Thompson, Cate Blanchett, and Taika Waititi

Director: Taika Waititi

Synapse: Imprisoned on the other side of the universe, the mighty Thor finds himself in a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against The Hulk, his former ally and ex avenger. Thor’s quest for survival leaves him in a difficult race against time to prevent the all mighty powerful goddess of death Hela from destroying Thor’s home.

Review: This is another smash hit for the famous Thor series, bringing in a massive 527.7 million, making it one of the hottest movie to watch for weekend. In this new installment of the series, Taika Waititi brings us new characters to the screen and brings us some characters that we have seen in previous Thor and Avengers films.

Thor Ragnarok gives us a new look into the Marvel cinematic universe with plot twists and confusing ending scenes for the true Marvel lover. Director Taika brings us comedy and action that we all love in these kinds of films and we hope we get to see more of these things in the near future.

The movie takes place a couple years after age of Ultron, but yet it’s on top of civil war and Spider-Man Homecoming. In this film, the story leads Thor (Chris Hemsworth) as he is imprisoned on the other side of the universe and put to fight in the pits against The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), his former ally and former avenger. He needs to get home and save it from the evil goddess of death Hela (Cate Blanchett) from destroying Asgard and taking over.

Now Thor needs to gather up a team to stop Hela from destroying Asgard. So he recruits Loki (Tom Hiddleston) his brother, Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), Korg (Taika Waititi) and Hulk a.k.a bruce banner (ruffalo). Together they need to defeat Hela and prevent her from releasing Ragnarok from destroying Asgard and whipping it to nothing.

This movie will not disappoint any body, even a new Marvel fan who is super excited for this film. This needs to be the number one on your watch list for the movies. Don’t forget to wait until the end of the credits because you don’t want to miss the special surprise and twist-ending of all time.