MVHS Students and Staff Welcome Incoming Ninth Graders at the Freshman Orientation

Itzelth Gamboa, Staff Writer, Opinion Editor

On March 2, incoming freshmen arrived at MVHS as clubs surrounded the quad inviting the freshmen to participate.

Clubs and sports cheered as the incoming freshmen walked by. The wrestlers placed a mat out and showed the incoming freshmen what they did at a match. The ballet folklorico group danced and places their trophies on a table.

“By familiarizing the incoming 9th graders to the campus and having them choose their elective classes will make the transition smoother with less anxiety,” Mr. Singer, who is in charge of freshmen orientation and WOW week, said.

According to Mr. Singer, the events start in early May. After the first semester, pace tends to quicken until the day of freshmen orientation.

Though there were a few bumps with transportation,Singer said the freshmen orientation went well, as planned.

“The performances were superb and really showcased the amazing performing arts program we have here,” Singer said.